without love we perish

Thursday, August 4

Thank Heavens!

The most beautiful sunset I've ever laid eyes on.Yes,3rd August 2005.After dinner,just when I stepped out of the kitchen after washing the bowls,I caught a glimpse of the sky.All imaginable shades of orange and red and pink.Haha,got all excited like a kid and was deciding if I should run to the next block for a better view.And that's what I did,took the lift up to the 28th floor of the neighbouring block,only to discover that the view was marred by another tall block which you see in the photos.And 28th floor was inhabitated,so moved down a floor.And soon I was happily snapping away with my lousy camera phone.May seem like any ordinary sunset to you,but you gotta be there to appreciate the magnificent moment.Too bad I was alone,with no one to share this romantic sight.



It isn't so clear in the pictures,but it sure made Singapore look real picturesque.There was this overlying mist that made the hills in the west so mysterious and old.The clouds were painted pink and looked as if there really is a fortress of improbable dimensions above them.And the setting sun was ablaze,like those scenes os sunsets in the movies.
The next time I see a beautiful sunset,I'm going all the way to that stupid obstuctive block of flats for a better view.

And I might as well throw in a few photos that I took when a storm struck suddenly yesterday.The wind was howling like a room of crazy men and the storm clouds were over me in 5 minutes.It was still sunny when I noticed that it was brewing a storm to the west.



Felt almost like impending doom has befallen.Was wondering whether something out of War of the Worlds was gonna happen.The rain was falling at like 45 degrees.The trees in Bishan Park swaying like they're threatening to snap anytime.All I can say is,wow,Nature sure can do something to you if you pee anyhow in the bushes.

And good news,I killed a few of the Jie Fang Jun when they were dragging me away to be shot in the head,and sneaked back to Singapore in one piece.The President presented me a medal with these words carved on it.

QET BAND 5.

Thank the heavens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home