without love we perish

Sunday, June 19

first brownie

Question : what's the worst thing a kitchen can encounter?
Answer : A man trying to bake/cook/wash the dishes.

I think I fall under that category.Spilt sugar,flour and cocoa powder on the kitchen counter.Took forever to prepare the ingredients.Wrong measurement of butter and sugar,resulting in a desperate attempt to scoop them back into their packaging.

Mistakes aside,it went well.Just that the stupid microwave convection oven gave me all sorts of problems that a will scare the wits out of a technophobe like me.After preheating,there was absolutlely no way of keying in the baking time.And so I had to monitor the damn baking process.And what do I get in return?An overbaked brownie I think.

The crust is a tad too hard.The middle is not moist enough.I take the blame,but can't help cursing the fucking oven.

So what?It's so chocolatey!My first chocolate brownie!The best in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home