without love we perish

Wednesday, June 15

Diary on the Run #1

I wore my sexy Nike running attire and my New Balance 717,white socks and black and grey underwear.Today's target is 6km.It occured to me that I will be struggling at the 3rd km and rolling on the tarmac by the 5th km.
But what's up honey?How come you so high today?1st 2 km you started so damn well,so beautiful was your stride.Though the pace dropped a little from then onwards,you maintained your form and carried me through.But I guess you didn't notice that somewhere between the 4th and 5th km I kinda passed out from waist up,and was entirely limp and hanging freely like a ragged tee on a tecko on a windy day.
And you went berserk during the last km.I was screaming for you to slow down but you didn't listen.Just increased your tempo with every step and I was weezing like mad.You don't care,you're not tired,you felt great and pushed me.No kick, you said.Next gym session,more squats and hamstring curls.Next run,6.3 km and beyond.
And I reward myself with half a soft-baked Nantucket Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookie from Pepperidge Farm(can be found in Cold Storage and Liberty Market.Dunno about Carrefour),not that you mind.
Please don't cramp up late at night,it hurts.